R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ernest Provetti Open letter to RC Industry
Old 01-24-2010, 06:48 AM
PitNamedGordie
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
That's great but there are plenty of people who come into racing facilities and leave because they are intimidated by the speed. They say "I could never do that" and leave. Not to mention those guys who destroy their stuff because it's going too fast, or they are getting run over by faster drivers.

Today I was at the track, and a national level A main regular told me the new esc he got made the car "too fast" in 13.5. That should tell you something right there.

In a perfect world, there would be an old timer looking over the shoulder of every new/sportsman type racer with words of advice, but that's just not the case. We need to accept the reality that there is such a thing as too fast, and when there are other cars on the track, making your car slower can be just as bad as being out of control.
Originally Posted by skypilot
uumm... if hes a "national a main regular" why is he running 13.5, don't answer, i was just messing around killing time till the commercial is over
This national A main driver was running in a class in which Scotty Ernst refereed to as "the new mod". 13.5 with the new speedos is insanely fast.

Oh and 13.5 was the fastest class at the race.