R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 05:01 AM
Gary Fliegel
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Fisrt off brining your own tire won't work. We can't get ppl to sign up for a free RCPS number, and the number one reason is that "I didn't know I needed one". So then we just turn those racers away? Not gonna happen.

So now the clubs need to supply for the races, which is the only proper way to do anything handout or spec. Here's the math, one set of buggy tires is around $70, average 100 racers, 2 sets each, $14000 for one class that the club needs to have on hand to cover the costs of one class. Which club is going to step up and pay that? What happens if it rains and the event gets cancelled? Make racers pre-pay with no refund? Yah thats gonna go over well.

The list goes on and on as to why it won't work. It may work at the Nationals(and I am looking into it), but it won't work for the series as a whole. It works indoors on carpet, same carpet at each venue, guaranteed to race regardless of weather, and a set of tires is $30. Big difference.

Once again, if you have ideas or suggestions send them to a director or email myself with them. [email protected]