R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 AM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
why are we all bickering? This is some he said she said Bullsh*t! Holy crap guys, nobody is perfect... you want a perfect smooth flowing track bring a pro in to build it. We are ameteurs, and our track is built as such. We learn from our design/build mistakes and when we all agree on a change, we make the changes.
No worries Josh. It's all in good fun. You should see how they mess with me in person. It's entertaining, to say the least, he he he. All this discussion helps us move forward. I have no doubt we have a fantastic facility, so I'm good with whatever...

But Jon, good buddy, you're killing me, ha ha ha:

Originally Posted by YDBD

Oh and Paulie, we changed the run up to the triple on Ethan's suggestion and your agreemenet in post 145 and 146 in the old thread:

I like the crossover design and Paulie's sketch. My vote is for Paulie's sketch, but there must be enough of a run up to clear the triple. Just my opinion.

I agree about the tripple. If we ended up going with that sketch design, I'd also like to move the tripple to the left a little to allow proper run up.

- Paulie
Jon, read what you quoted, than read it again please.

My agreement was based on the SKETCH DESIGN, as stated above as you so pointed out, which was BEFORE you changed it and made the 180 turn after the main straight leading into the triple, creating way more run up. With the changes you made, there's no reason to have the triple that far to the left, as there's sufficient run up with the 180 turn.

Again, I'm good with whatever, but twisting my words just isn't cool.

It's all good, I'm just sayin'...

To be perfectly honest, we are ALL at fault here. Everyone of us marked where Robert should dump the dirt to make the triple, ALL OF US. We just misjudged how high and far these 8th scales really could fly, so now everyone is overshooting it landing on the flat. And to get the timing down risks casing it, so it's a gamble.

As far as tires go, the Proline Holeshots in M3 compound were fantastic on the 1/10th scale course. Not sure how they would translate in 8th scale, but they might work out pretty good. I think the Calibers will work pretty good. They are on the D8 as we speak, so I'll get a chance to test them out when I get back.

Ken, to be honest, I never ran the DB01 stock, so I'm not sure what shock settings would be a good starting point. A little tip though to save money on the 501x diff halfs...If I recall correctly, the front diff is steel. You can purchase those halfs and use them in the rear. They fit. I also used tungsten carbide diff balls for durability, as the 5700 can wear down the stockers in a hurry if your slipper clutch isn't set right, assuming you have one. And if you are running a 5700, you should definitely invest in a slipper (double slipper is a waste, the single works just fine, it's cheaper, and allows for use of the center one-way if you choose to run one). Without a slipper, the stock drivetrain will only last so long with that 5700, so it may be a good investment to beef up that area of the car first, or else you may run into frustration like Jason did before he beefed his drivetrain up. I'd hate to see ya get frustrated and give up on the car - I think it offers the best blend of performance/durability once you get it dialed. I dunno, maybe I'm just in love with mine.

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 01-22-2010 at 01:15 AM.