R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 Alberta RC Pro Series Schedule
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Scottmisfits
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAT DIRT
Great idea for a 1 off race,but I don't think it will work that well for a series.
Like it's posted already, it works very well for our onroad series? What's the difference? Everybody is still on the same track under the same conditions with the same tire.

Originally Posted by Rayzer
Just for the fun of it lets get some prices on tires and wheels because we all know that one hobby shops prices are not the same as others. Let us use the ProLine Caliber in an M2 compound and a set of wheels of your choosing. In Red Deer they would cost me $87.00 at one place and $80.00 at the other for one set. Multiply that by 8 (2 sets per race) for 4 races, the number of races in the series, and I will spend between $640 - $696 for tires and wheels in a season. Not sure what the tires and wheels would cost for Deena's truck, but it would be more. How about some prices from others please?
If you do all four races, how many sets of tires will you go through anyway? I'm 2 set's an event in buggy. In truggy I ran one set all year. In truggy I know that's not the average though, I know it's higher than that. A lot of the truggy racers will go through 2 set's as well. And no one's saying you have to buy 2 set's for the race. If you think you can get by on one set, go for it.
What this does is bring in a new strategy. Not only do you have to think about pit stops but also how you drive your car. Now you have to roll onto your throttle. Rolling onto your throttle as opposed to jamming the throttle will give less wheel spin, the tires will last longer, and as an added benefit, increase your run times. More run time means you're using less fuel. Less fuel means fewer pit stops. Fewer pit stops means less time in the pits, more time on the track. This also means more track time per race while having better qualifying results and better results for the main.

All in all, I see way more positive than I do negative by doing this.