R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kajman
Yes, tahnks, that clears me everything, I found drawing of this double link and I can see that anyway it is mounted like straight link so hub is the same Has JR-Link andy advantage over straight link?
Since the JR link is longer than the straight link, it will feel more consistent and sometimes feel like it has less traction. However, with that handy roll center and camber gain calculator (available here on rctech) it's been shown that both links can have the same static roll center and total camber gain. The difference between the two links is two fold: 1)the JR link will be more consistent because the instantaneous roll center will migrate in a more linear fashion, whereas the straight link will migrate in a more progressive fashion. 2)the straight link can obviously be made much shorter, and thus have significantly more camber gain and a much quicker roll center migration. This however, isn't always ideal, despite the notion that more camber is more traction.

Bottom line, use the roll center and camber gain calculator to find settings for both links that are as similar as possible to your current setting, then hit the track to test both, back to back. You should be able to see the difference and tune the car more towards your liking from there. Hope that helps.