R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic E4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
vinny73
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default I hear ya but....

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I didn't touch anything since the car out the factory box. Anyway, appreciate your advice, will try it for sure
I got the newest version of the E4RS and it has the latest shocks on it. I just received my TM spring set that was posted a few days back. I will let you know how they fit.

Back to the reason for quoting... I noticed that in the manual the car came with it stated it was setup according to the setup sheet in the manual. Mine was far from it. It had so much tweak it wasn't even funny! Shock lengths were way off and the rest.... well you can guess. Even though this sucked, it wasn't all that bad. Only because I took it straight out to the track and ripped it. I was runnin on low traction asphalt, on a cool day. This particular track is known apparently for not having good traction during the winter. In the summer time, it's a whole different ballgame. I was told by a fellow racer/friend, to find a setup with low traction wet condition asphalt. There are 2 setup sheets on petitrc.com from the French Nationals that are wet condition.

The good thing about it being all out of whack was that it forced me to take it apart partially and inspect it, see how it's designed, how it works and then set it up. NOW I KNOW FOR SURE WHAT IT'S SETUP AT! And it's all written down. I picked up the Losi Shock building/adjusting tool so that will help out alot. Check your shock length in the front. Mine were like 3 or 4 mm different. Like 3 turns on the bottom callcup. So were the rears. After thinking about how long it would take to assemble and setup one of those cars, i figured it's too cheap in price to be built and spec sheet setup! Not every single one!!! I know it takes me a long time to set it up. I'm a rookie but if you start with a totally tweaked car, it would take most people a bit to find the problem and fix it.

My point, your observation of the tweaked chassis, IMO, could be the other wise suggestion as well. It wouldn't take long to loosen everything up and retorque it. And if that doesn't fix it, try mine. HTH, please keep us informed of your outcome. Vinny