R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM
MikaR
Tech Master

Had a race last weekend with the car
here's some footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acI6lluI8Dg

The front spool was great but it broke my RDS driveshafts. Didn't have spares but was able to fit 42mm rear driveshafts from Tamiya to my Kyosho.

My new TF-5 kit (shaft drive) arrived on Monday and I'm almost finished building it. It's very nice and slightly lighter that the readyset version, not much though. Plastic is clearly different. Lots of carbon and CNC parts. I built it with a front spool, also oneway is included in the kit.
Oneway outdrives are steel which should be very durable.

However, what's really outstanding are the shocks - they're fantastic. Building takes some time but they're silk smooth once finished. This is where the kit beats the RDS 6-0 and I'm sure it will show in driving as well. Other nice thing are the red aluminium driveshafts/CVDs, similar to Tamiya.

Shock springs were color coded but the manual did not say which one goes to which end. I put the blue ones (stronger I think) to rear and red ones to the front. Anyone knows if this is correct?

There is also several small details that shows that the designer has put thought to it's design and to those small things that can make the car "better than average". Probably one can't notice those without building the kit him/herself.