R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Would the Losi xxx-t be a good truck to start out with.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:04 AM
oeoeo327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bizkt Racing
since where on the XXX-T whats the set up on the diffs cause i know people that have mad power on the truck it self and there diffs are good but now me on the other had i can keep diffs in it for any thing there is clicking grinding or i spinn the balls right out of the diff but there is do ware and tear in the diff case if any one can help me out PM me please also if i loosen it a hair its to loose and half of what i had i tighten it half of a hair then its to tight somthing is not right but i havent even got new parts for it yet cause i dont want to deal with it any more thanks
Try some brand new diff balls, rings and bearings. Make sure everything is as clean as possible during assembly, and don't forget to break it in before running the truck. Break in is pretty simple - with the rear wheels in the air, grab one tire and give the truck a little throttle for 10 seconds, then grab the other rear tire and repeat the process. Tighten the diff a little if necessary, then place the truck on the track - if it slips, tighten it up a little at a time until the diff works smoothly without slipping.