R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 AM
woodys3b
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Not if you go through hobbycity for your lipo needs! After discovering that place, I couldn't believe that getting a set of LiPo for cars actually comes out cheaper than using NiMH batteries, even if you buy the NiMHs that are onsale at hobbyshops!

However, I still have a fleet of healthy NiMH so I'm still using this "old" technology as well... My 3300mAH is more than enough for a good 10 minute run... It's crazy how little power on-road takes versus off-road since the terrain is not constantly fighting the motor in on-road...

As for the 840 flanged here you go:

Avidrc

$1 a piece...
Thanks for the link Tom. Avid looks like a great resource.

I know I'm going to have to make the transition to LiPo sooner or later. NiMH as well as brushed motors are going the way of the dinosaur. But for now, my old brushed motor and NiMH sport packs are good enough to get me through the winter in the stock class in the V2. This summer, I would like to get a SC truck and race in the dirt. So, I'll need to make the transition then. Can someone please educate me on the terminology associated with LiPo batteries? The only thing I really understand is the Mah number. What does 2s, 3s,....6s mean? how about the numbers with a "c" after them? I think we have a limit at our track that I have to get smart on before I buy anything. What packs fit well into a V2 or are the same size as a 6 cell NiMH?

Hobby City certainly takes the price out of the equation. Like anything else electronic, the price comes down pretty rapidly as the new wears off.

Thanks again for the great info.