R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - just traded for tc5 and need help, wanna race carpet and aspault...new to electric TC
Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Bryan Kendall
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncbadboy
I definitely agree if you can afford it, don't spend twice. I went the route of asking the LHS guy about what to buy and I am a little pissed at the moment. about 90% of the top racers at my local track run Tekin ESC's at least and when I asked him what I should buy, he pointed me in the direction of Losi Xcelorin instead "because it is as competitive" as the Tekin, and he had it in stock. Well when I started buying the electronics for my 12R5, I said heck with it and bought the Tekin setup. What I would recommend for the TC 5 is

Tekin Redline 17.5 Motor or what ever size your track is running as Stock
Tekin RS ESC
Receiver that matches your Transmitter
LiPo Batteries 30C and 5400 mah minimum

Also get a good set of tools and setup board along with either a car specific setup guide or the XXX-main setup guide. All of this stuff will be extremely helpful to you and will get going in the right direction. But the biggest thing is stick time, no amount of equipment is the equivalent to this. Doesn't matter how fast your car can go if you can't control it when it is going that fast.
I would suggest getting a Novak Ballistic 17.5/13.5 with a Tekin RS. The tekin motors dont have any torque.