R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCLAB 7even Cars.
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 02:15 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"I'm really sorry Robk but I just have to make a comment on a number of your points.............."

That's ok dude, I'm just throwin this stuff out there. The comments came from Adrian of Schumacher USA. If I confused anybody, I'm sorry. I thought it would be helpful as the Axis series of cars did have a very similar layout.

"It really is a poor practice to blindly expect what works on one car to work in exactly the same way on any other."

I think that as a racer it also pays to look at the experience of others in similar situations. Yeah, there are a lot of differences in the suspension itself, but as you pointed out later in your response, cars with similar layouts experience similar characteristics (Mission + others). My friends experience that Seaball's car was doing the same things his Schumacher did just led me to consider their similarities. I do admit this can lead you down a blind alley, but there is not a lot out there for RClab drivers who do foam/carpet.

Actually, i have been running an XXXS lately, I have yet to get my borrowed RClab on the track. My observations came from watching seaball's car along with some other knowlegeable racers. The tires on seaball's car looked fine to me, I'm sure he ran about 58-59mm which is the common practice. In fact, when i drove his car it felt really good! It was transferring a lot of weight at the back from what i remember. I'm not trying to be down on the car in any way. In fact, i was really impressed with how seaball's car was put togther, it was a good looking car. I'm kind of inspired to get my car rolling.

Are you the guy importing the car to the UK? What have you guys found out about the car on carpet with foams? I saw that you did well at outdoor events, and that you seemed to have a good bunch of guys trying to develop the car. At this point there may be one guy running the car indoors in the USA....seaball. Just trying to help a brother out.