R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 03:44 PM
woodys3b
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, after a day of racing yesterday, I was checking my belt tension and noticed play in the center pulley when I put pressure on the belts. I took it apart today expecting to find a seized bearing on the pulley side of the center shaft. What I found disappointed me. It was just slop between the flanged 840 bearing and the motor mount. I want to switch to 64p gears but with this much slop, I'm concerned. I ordered the Tamiya hop up blue aluminum motor mount which I hope will be machined to better tolerances for a tighter fit. In the mean time, anyone experience this? Did you correct it with the part I just ordered? Can you recommend some high quality 64p gears? (stock gear ratio is working fine for me)

Also, regarding the posts above, I got my TA-05 v2 because it's different. I'll easily have enough invested in hop ups to have bought a TRF-416 or TC-5, but what's the fun in that? For me, it's much more rewarding to take a good car and make it great than just buying a great car. Plus, it's satisfying to be able to run with the expensive cars and even beat them with what they consider to be a toy. I need to get the weight down a bit to really competitive but that will come. I'm waiting for a light weight tub chassis to come out. This car is tough and very tunable. And, as stated above, with a good setup, it can be very competitive in the stock class.