R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:34 AM
VRacing
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
First off thank you Tekin for this update for free.

I had a chance to run this new 203. There are some differences with this one compered to the Vegas 200. 25 of boost in the 203 is not the same as 25 in 200. As the car was much slower. WHen I went up to 50 boost I blew my 2 rear tires apart!!! I made the change to 50 boost and turned the car on. I hit the throttle once with the car on my pit stand. I was really surprised of the sound. I did it again and I heard a POP!! My rear tires blew apart. They were worn Jaco blues but still.

The new boost start and end point is very interesting. When you hit the start rpm the car jumps forward. It is really impressive. I tried both 13.5 and 17.5. In 13.5 the car was way to fast for our small 65x36 track. The 17.5 felt like a slower 13.5. I was able to run a 9.3 which is .1 faster than a fast lap before. I am also running a new T3 that I am still working on setup. SO I feel I will drop another .2 tenths.

This new software is no joke. It is almost unfair to those that do not have one of these new Tekin's for 17.5. It makes the motor a whole different beast.

Originally Posted by kn7671
Yep, I agree that load vs no load will make a difference, but I'm positive the Tekin adjust's on load, and I also haven't had a chance to hit the track yet. I was just sharing what I observed on the bench. After racing this Sunday I will have race data that should be more useful.
Point is, this can be the fruit of "Bench Testing", even with an operable software setup, what's the point? That RC guys can destroy $#!^ for no apparent reason? Any chance Lewis Hamilton or Jimmie Johnson puts their car on jackstands, hooks up the data logging connections, engages the drivetrain and hammers the gas? Why would it be any more helpful at 1/10 or 1/12 scale?

If this is how my competition was planning on testing and tuning their setup and gearing, I'd want to race them every day of the week and twice on Sunday.