R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ernest Provetti Open letter to RC Industry
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Dane
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Mr. Provetti's letter addresses ROAR's approach to larger races but this provides a good segway into the local scene as well.

Unless you are lucky and live in an area with a large R/C following, it is difficult to spit up the same class of cars when many times the "B" main is the novice class relative to the ability of the racers at that particular track. Along with that idea, onroad is a difficult class to get started in at a low cost and at a level and speed that is manageable for newcomers. We all know how crazy the costs of touring has become and I feel 12th, at any modern speed is too much for newcomers.

In order to make onroad grow as a whole, I believe we need an entire new class of cars or promote an existing class that are easy to drive, relatively cheap but make for an easy segway into the "bigger" classes of onroad (ie TC, 12th). I wish I had an answer for such a class and I've seen so many forms of "spec" classes come and go. I do think that with these ROAR rules, a control on the ESCs and a class that is manageable both financially and ability-wise and is fun to even experienced drivers is the ticket.