R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 AM
spongerX
Tech Adept

I've noticed some strange and a bit disturbing things with my Vegas 2 and v203 software.

*Warning* Long post ahead

First issue: I tried doing a new install of Vegas 2 on my Win 7 64 bit home computer. Launched 64 bit version after installing and connected up my RS Pro to upgrade to v203. The upgrade failed halfway through with all lights on the esc going out. Figuring I'd bricked my esc. I disconnected and reconnected and re-launched hotwire and it recognized my v200 software. I then moved over to my Win 7 32 bit laptop where I uninstalled the previous Vegas and installed Vegas 2. Launched 32 bit version and did the upgrade on the esc ok.

Second issue: After successfully updating I updated my settings to 45 timing boost, 10 turbo, .8 turbo delay, 13000 end RPM, 3500 start RPM. Closed Hotwire and went to try it out by free revving my 13.5 Redline. Within about 10-15 seconds the motor was almost too hot to hold. I hadn't been holding at max throttle, just running through the RPM range and listening quickly to turbo RPMs. Temps were 120-130f Tried it with a 13.5 Duo 2 and got the same results. Plugged the RS Pro back into Hotwire and saw that end RPM was around 4600 and start RPM was 3500. I tried changing to 13000 end RPM again and restarted hotwire but it had gone back to around 4600 RPM. Reflashed the esc and tried again. This time the end RPM setting held at 13000 and from the calculated start I chose 2900 RPM. I havent had a chance to test the esc to see if this reduces the motor temps during free revving as I had to rush to work.

Would having the start and end RPM so close cause the massive heat build up?

Is there any way to manually input the start RPM?

*Edit* Just noticed that the default start and end RPMs are 4569 and 3500. Somehow my esc was at this even after I'd selected start and end RPMs and applied.