R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:50 PM
dsyed1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
from my limited use of the 110 software I have found that it has a heck of a lot more top end, needing to be geared down 5 or 6 teeth on the pinion. While it does not have the 'step' like my RB30 it does 'come alive' on the straight it 'almost' keeps up with the SPX' being run at my club and here is a laugh but I ended up with a motor teardown at scrutineering last meeting, because I wasn't running one of the 'usual' suspect speedos so someone obviously thought I was running a lower wind motor.
For a 'free' upgrade give the 107 or 110 profiles a go and smile sweetly because it hasn't cost you a penny more. Just watch the FDR and watch the temps especially on 107, 110 little more progressive and runs little cooler too. Just remember that you will not have a surge of Turbo more a much faster top end reached a heck of a lot quicker, I personally find it easier to drive that the RB30 as that is like a light switch at 95% throttle and it is easy to hit the turbo if you floor it out of a corner. Hobbywing / SP all the way and roll on the 'proper' turbo software which I am sure the guys at the factory are working on.
I will be trying 110 this week on SP V3 17.5 motor... what motor have you tried 110 with and can you please share your FDR...

currently I am happy with 107 geard at 4.3-4.4 on SP V3 17.5... but would like to see what 110 would do

Thanks

Last edited by dsyed1; 01-12-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: wrong version of the motor