R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Joneser
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pucho and Alex

You guys are a couple of young punks you make me feel old!

Getting a little fed up with the Xray. I continue to have the problem with the dogbone binding in the hub. I am fairly certain that it has to do with too much throw in the steering. Mr. Hudy had glued a spacer on his C hub to limit throw but I cant get anything to stick...so I made up a spacer that is screwed into the hole for the wire anti roll bar. this works great but it causes a problem when there is some suspension travel....the spacer causes the steering to lock and then you need to force it back to square. I have talked to a number of guys that are not having (or dont know it) the problem. I dont know if my servo saver is too week or servo is not strong enough during a hit. It is the top of the line digital KO. I have talked with others at our track...some better than me some not as good and they have not had a problem. I wont be beating Alex anytime soon but I am not a hack...I have been in the A at our club races for a while now....the A has some good drivers...Buran, ciccarello, etc. I dont get why I am having such a problem. Pucho...I know we found one that was a little bound up on Alex's car but have you seen any more? I am actually going to run the TC3 this weekend so I can rethink my approach to this issue. I have at least 6-8 of these that are ruined....you cant see the problem....just looses articulation. when you go to remove the sleeve from the dogbone it is basically stuck in there. I am ready to ship the car to Xray and let them go over it to see if there is something I am missing.

Alex...congrats on the TQ at last weekends race.

Pucho...good luck with the weightloss...I am living that nightmare now too. Get yourself going now it will make life much easier. I was skinny for the first 18 years...then morphed to muscular....then morphed to fat! I must say that Fat is the hardest of the three to deal with! Hopefully you will be up for the Nats and we both will be down a few!

Later, Eric