R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cobra Track-Side Tire Truer ... $55 shipped
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
tomkatn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default Cobra Track-Side Tire Truer ... $45 + SOLD!

I purchased this used from on here, with the intention of running a foam tire class, and now it appears that this will not be happening ... I did run it with an Orion lipo pack to make sure it worked ok, and it seemed to run nice and true. It uses two 4mm bullet plugs to get its power, I believe Cobra originally used alligator clips, easily changed ... and it comes with what looks like 2 arbors for 10th scale on-road, front and rear ..

I would like to get $45 plus whatever it costs to ship, I am willing to work with a good feedback buyer to make it happen ... paypal preferred please ...

I did make one improvement on the unit, as it came to me, the arbor was the thing holding the the truer 'axle' in place, I had a small ring machined with set screw to secure the 'axle' in place allowing the arbor to be moved away from the truer side wall so the tire could be placed wherever it is the most convenient on the axle ... thank you
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	540308   Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	540310  

Last edited by tomkatn; 01-16-2010 at 09:18 AM.