R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nemesis 17.5 motor thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 AM
JFuel11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Nemesis Motors Rock!

I have personally found the Nemesis motor to be very fast provided you take the time to learn what they want! Do not over gear and over time the motors!

I reduced my pinion size 5 teeth on my 1/12th scale and picked up tons of speed with the motor and kept motor temps around 160 no problem (13.5 motor) The next round I added a bunch more timing on the ESC and the motor faded very quickly and temps shot up to 220+ which was completely my fault.

Reduced timing and dropped another tooth and wow back to being very fast and the high temp did not affect rotor performance.

These are not set it and forget it motors.... You have to change what you are doing to get the performance, but I honeslty feel there is more there once you learn what they want.

I also run a 17.5 in oval and have also found that dropping teeth and increasing static timing provided great results to a point but again do not overtime the motor! I was on track record pace in this class first time out with the Nemesis! The motor never faded and temps were great.

With the settings we have now in our speed contorllers it is very easy to overtime a motor and then have it overgeared as well. Sometimes it will not even heat the motor up but just kill the performance because the motor is confused! Back off your timing and rollout and learn what the motor wants.

Just my -98cents worth...