R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 scale T MAXX
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Franchise
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raminator
I bought a used 2008 traxxas tmaxx of a friend of mine for 130 bucks with a bunch of spare parts. the 2.5 motor was removed and a OS .18 TM was installed with rotary start. the truck sat for about a year, so I replaced the fuel lines, cleaned out the gas tank, and the motor was frozen so I removed the motor from the truck, took the head off, sprayed some pb blaster in the bore and turned the motor by hand till it rotated freely, put it all back together and now all thats left to do is get a charger for the venom cell pack ( EZ Start was removed ) get a battery for the glow plug ignitor, and get a couple spare glow plugs. Im just a little concerned that using the pb on it might hurt the motor. I've heard that the os 18 TM is a really good drop in replacement for the 25, and its easier to tune than the 25 but this is my first Nitro truck so any info/tips/suggestions would be awesome
Well, first of all, a seized motor is never good. I would assume it's rusty from sitting so long without After Run Oil. Maybe you'll be lucky and it was seized because the pinch is tight. All in all the .18TM is a great engine. I had one in my revo but it had a slide carb. One of the best running/reliable engines i've had. I won a couple of MT Champs with it. I don't think the pb blaster will hurt. I would make sure the engine was flushed good before you start it and cross your fingers.

Oh and I live in Nashville.

Good luck.