R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lst2 brushless conversion please help
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
gnatsum69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dklst
1st off, convert it over to the XXLst. All you need is the main chassis, side rails and 2 center cvd's(cost bout $75). Than that way you can put the battery up front where the throttle and reverse servo were and it will be balanced better than when its in the back in the fuel tank area. I used the HPI motor mount for the savage flux. Theres others out there but there $80 to $100 for the mount the HPI mount is 40. For the rest I used a mamba 2200kv, 25 or 26 tooth pinion(hot bodies makes 26, hpi makes 25) and 4s or 5s thunderpower pack. 4S is just as fast if not a lil faster than the nitro LST. 5S is even faster. U can do backflips from a dead stop and have good all around power.
hey there thanks for the input i am guessing that the ones in the video are single speed? is there any point trying to make it 2 speed? With kv on motors i now have a 2000kv tekin motor will that be okay? someone said that the lower the number the more power but then you see 6000kv motor in mini's can you explain please? do the lipo need to be 30c would 25c 4s be okay? what kinda run time do you get?

michael