R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi Constant Velocity Drive (LCD) vs MIP CVD
Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
nomaak
Tech Addict

Hey john great news!! (thanks for the posts by the way). There's a carpet track here in NC (Rosewood RC Raceway) that's gonna have a carpet on-road race for some of the locals...well....anyone close enuff to run going to the snowbirds this year. normally they run oval only in the winter months so i feel that this is huge! This is my one chance to try the losi out in it's natural habitat. Sure we can only run rubber tyres but at least i can get this car on the rug.

from what i understand, med-low bite asphalt set-ups are really close to what most use on carpet. is this true? i'd like to find something comfortable for 17.5/ball diff up front. doesn't have to be perfect. needs to be something that will work with BK arms in the front only. i'll be using take-off27's for practice but will break out the much more 32's for racing. i wont be using sway bars so i guess traction sauce is gona play a big roll in final grip. i'll be stripping the chassis after church tomorrow. got brand new cutting disks ready to slot..cut...chop...mutallate....and "tweak" this beast till she can flex and twist better than Christina Agullera in a strip club!