R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2004 IFMAR 1/12th and 1/10th ISTC ELECTRIC TRACK WORLD CHAMPINSHIPS
Old 01-20-2004, 06:03 AM
John Doucakis
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lonestar ,

It isn´t so much a matter of fitting my driving style better. Just that I like high speed racing.

Also I don´t see how you believe that tight tracks have more action. When the level of competition is high and people use one-ways and grip is high it is almost impossible to pass. So many times the front guy protects his line and the game is over. What can you do, crash into him? In a larger track you can line up the guy infront, prepare your move through the use of different lines and then take advantage of a long straight and pass the guy.

With the use of oneways there is really very little braking, if any. You just lift the throtle turn in and that´s it. At least in larger track you have more space to pick a different line from the guy ahead of you.

If you scale up the size of most of the tracks electric cars race at compared to the cars' size it is not very nicely balanced. Imagine real touring cars racing in tracks made for go karts, completing a lap in 13-15 seconds.
Ok, it is a bad example, but I think you understand where I am getting at.

In some very tight tracks in my country I have been quite dominant, so it is not a matter of what suits me well.

Regarding chassis set up and driving skills in any track it is equaly important. Maybe you don´t race too often electric cars on a large track to understand what I mean.

Anyway, it is defenetly a matter of taste and personal preference. I am interested though on your opinions...

If you are from Switzerland haven´t you raced at Lostallo? Don´t you like that track? 2002 European champs were done over there and I have the tape and it is very impressive.

Last edited by John Doucakis; 01-20-2004 at 06:18 AM.