R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Orion Alpha is NOT THE SAME as Alpha Plus. Orion is the manufacturer (sort of anyway) of the Orion Alpha... Alpha is the manufacturer of the Alpha Plus line of engines. The Orion engines I believe are NOVA BASED, and those are the ones that you're referring to with problems. Alpha engines are a complete "clean sheet" design from a completely different company.

I don't sell anything, and I'm not sponsored by anyone!

I happen to know several folks running the Alpha engines (NOT the Orion Alpha!) and the results have been very, VERY good so far. Easy to tune, great durability, great fuel mileage, and awesome power. BTW if you run at Indy (and I believe you do, right? At least sometimes...) you also know several folks running them, even if you didn't know it.

When I said "I have one on order" I mean I pre-paid for one from my local hobby shop (Indy) for my personal use. In fact it should be here today, but I probably won't pick it up until next week... I did not mean that I will have one to sell.
Orion Alpha engines are sirio based and are made in Italy