R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best running and all around performnce motor on the market now?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:54 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D. View Post
Go to the thread and read for your self. Not one bad things that I can see from reading. Plus the motors just rip. The only engines I have mind for this season is the Werks B5 or the Alpha line. I know the Alpha line is good, really good. Honestly I hope that one day we all realize that the majority of things in this industry is over priced and we begin to show it by purchasing lower priced items (like the Alpha motors) and slap the industry in the face and bring it to reality. $500+ for motors is just ridicules when you can do the same with $200. I applaud (and very loudly may I add) to the men responsible for the newer lower priced high performance motors on the market today.

Edit- here is the link to the Alpha motors thread
+ 1

I don't really want to get involved in the whole my engine is better than yours debate as I feel that this question is best answered by the feedback from actual users and results that an engine garners in the hands of drivers. Not by the person representing/importing/manufacturing the engine saying that their stuff is the best performing, lasting, tuning most HP making thing ever made which I have always found questionable to say the least. However I do want to clarify something that I think can easily be misconstrued in your post.

All Werks engines including the B5 engine are made in Italy. We do not manufacture any engines in Taiwan or Asia. Our engines are made at the Lavorazioni Meccaniche S.r.l. factory which is the same company that manufactures engines for a few other companies/brands including Sirio. They are one of the newest, major player in the Italian engine market and as such poses the most modern/high tech manufacturing equipment out of any of them in Italy. I've been there and I've either dealt with or been to most of the Italian motor manufacturers factories in the past so i have first hand knowledge of what I'm saying and this is quite simply the truth.

Our Werks B5 engine is an economical engine because I decided to sell it at an economical price point, that is it. I did this to prove that for one an affordable true racing engine can be made and sold without having to resort to skimping on quality or secondly having to resort to having it made in Asia where I do not believe they are up to the same level of consistency or manufacturing precision as some of the more reputable Italian manufacturers are.

Again, just wanted to clarify things. Now as far as what is the best performing engine available? The answer is simply the one that suits your own individual driving style best. Something that only you can decide...

Regards,

Ron Hopkins
Werks Racing
+1 on this information. BTW I used to run a Werks B7 Pro and that engine was freakin' awesome! (That does not, however, mean I think that just because a product is made in Asia that it is inferior just because of the point of origin...)