R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
bukil
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Now that I've run a Tekin with turbo and see how insane it is on the straights, it makes sense why my car 17.5 car was so damn slow in Vegas! I tried so many different combinations trying to get that SPv3 to not be a dog.

I ran the software tonight in 13.5. Track is about 96x42 (pic attached). It's definitely got the power in the middle I felt like the Tekin always lacked, which is a welcome change, and the turbo on the straights is no joke, it makes timing the sweeper a challenge. If there's more power to put down in the infield (in a sedan), I wasn't finding many places to do it. The motor rips hard like other ESC's out of the turns, but nothing that seemed any stronger than the SPX it replaced. On the straights, though, no question it's superior.

I actually found myself geared really high (near a 5.0) with a 13.5 DUO2 (timing 1 mark past center). Boost was 50, turbo 10/.2/ramp 2. The motor came off cool, like 135ish after 6 minutes w/fan. The same motor on the SPX (timing 2 marks past center) on profile 7 was happy around 6.5FDR, felt about as strong in the infield, came off around 165 w/fan, but had nothing on the Tekin on the straights.

Maybe I'd see more advantage in the infield with 17.5 or 1S pan cars? Not saying it's not great, just didn't feel like it was quite the game changer I'd hoped for. Either way, this is definitely my ESC of choice now.
We almost have the same setup except for your gearing and rpm ranges. I'm geared at 7.04. Ranges are 2500 - 12000 using throttle profile 4. Car has tons of infield speed.

I don't run turbo. No need to. Car keeps on pulling on the straights.

I noticed on DUO2s. It likes motor timing....