R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Novarossi .21 for 1/8 scale oval
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
vivo quevas
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I started racing Dirt latemodel in October but Ive raced before. I want to get another motor my kit motor has a compression leak so it's needs replacement. The kit motor an ofna 28 with a picco carb the car was fast and it's powerband was just right. I have a Jammin 28 I ran last weak and it's powerband with 053 pipe was unraceable I could drive it but I couldn't race it and that motor doesn't like cold temps and it was 50. took a gallon to almost get it broken in and it was hard to tuned it likes to eat fuel too I was getting 7+min from ofna motor and the Jammin motor baerly go 5min. I need a motor that like cool tempsand moist dense air and is quick to break in and easy to tune. The fast guy here runs a Dynamite platnuim 21 for the easy tuning and his car is fast. I talk to him about Picco' Novarossi etc and he was leary of there power and where the power came on. Every one here that has tryed big name big power Novarossi Picco on our track went back to sport or just above sport motors I have go sport motor I order on ebay I don't know when it's going to make it here to the states so I need another motor so I can race the 16th. I was looking at motors in 120-200 range too. Any suggestions short of getting a better driver is wanted and needed.