R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Mike D
Tech Master

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Mike D.

Quick question that I should have asked you last night at the Track....

When you told me about the -2degree of kickup in the front of the car where you talking about the Front arms leaning Forward? You said you had to cut material from the f-2 or F-0 block so I am wondering if I run the F-0 block and put a .030 Washer under the F block to make the arms lean forward? Is this Correct and was this what you were talking about?

Also when you run the F block in the Rear do you have to run spacers under the F block when using the R+3+2 or R+2+2 blocks? Or do you just run a washer under the F block when you use the R+3-0 or R+2-0?

Thanks

Mike Webb
Mike Webb - Actually I machined down the front peices to get -2 kickup. You could put a spacer under the f block to get the -2 kickup but you would be raising the front roll center and counteracting the handling change of the -2 kickup. You could try it, but I don't think it would work as well. I'll machine some peices for you this week if I get a chance... no promises though.

Running the F block in the back with the R+3+2 or R+2+2 blocks will give you 0 kickup, take out 1 degree of toe and make the back slightly wider. I don't use any washers. I rarely ever run kickup in the back either. Mostly F and R+2+2 blocks.