R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Classic US Vintage Trans Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:43 AM
JCarr
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I would like to type my opinion...

I think that this classic is a bad idea, even if I agree with alot of it...the problem is that we need to stick together...rather we agree or not...we need to back up Rob and the USVTA...it is what all got us to the dance to start with....you dont always agree with the prez, but you always support the troops....

if you want to change something I would just leave the current rules for your local club...and let that be the end of it...or maybe modify it some..exp..

current USVTA rules...except
no adv esc...incl SPX,RS,RS PRO,KO,ect..
any pre-1975 American Muscle Car
driver optional

and let that get you a very good starting point to an already great class...

dont change to much cause you will be right back to square one...and if thats the case, you need to start a totally new class....and since RCGT is taken, very slow TC sounds wrong..lol...just work with the current rules and see what happens...

I would like this class to start getting some respect in the r/c world..and if we dont start sticking together we will remain the bottom class of r/c racing, and not to mention getting pushed off major national races like Snowbirds and such...
This is dead on, I think instead of all the complaining about the "national rules" change individual clubs could just continue to run the old rules if they so choose. Just know that if you go to a sanctioned event you are going to be out of spec. We run on a large outdoor track in Dayton and I'm sure we will just keep the old rules from last year. I even remember seeing it posted somewhere that the new rules were meant for the indoor tracks. Personally I see a lot of people getting way too worked up about this, if your club wants to run old rules run 'em, if you like the new ones run those. Just my $.02