R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mainstream VS. The other guys in touring car
Old 01-19-2004, 02:25 PM
gotpez
Tech Adept

Are you buying a car to race, or to use in an art project?

This isn't a flame, just trying to raise a point. When it comes to racing, looks are not important at all. Even if a car looks cool, we cover it with a body anyway.

If you are going to get into competition, get a car that has a known reputation for being good. This list can include 'exotics'. Just make sure the car is supported in some way and you won't get stuck with a car you can't get any parts for.

Don't just look at the big national races and see what cars are doing well. The drivers that make the 'A' at these events are incredibly talented drivers and are capable of putting any car in the show. Take a look locally and see what cars do well.

If you look at average drivers, the TC3 is probably the most competetive car out there. It's been around for quite a while and is still capable of beating any car out there. I've driven the XXX-S, Xray T1 EVO2 and the Xray Raycer, and I go back to my TC3 every time. All of the other cars that I have driven have done well in major competitions, just not in my hands.

In my opinion, don't buy an exotic car just to be different. Nobody really cares what you drive if you aren't winning.