R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just a couple of questions before I get the new software ready and in my car....

I ran 13.5 rubber yesterday with my '007. I was using the RS, Novak Ballistic (stock 30* timing), and a Thunderpower LiPo. I believe my FDR was 5.95 the last time I checked, and the track is big, but I don't have exact specs (R/CAR at the Indy Fairgrounds for those of you in central Indy). After a nerve-wracking 5-minute main the motor temp was around 165* F.

My first question is, after I install the new software and update my ESC will it retain the settings I have right now and do "default" values for the new settings I can play with (RPM and ramp values), or will I have to start on my Tekin setup from scratch? Basically I want to know if I should write my current setup down or if after the update I can run it the way it was yesterday without making any changes.

Also, will the car be any faster after just an update, or will it not change until I actually adjust some of the new settings?

I TQ'd each round and took 1st for the main, so I really don't want to change anything at the moment if I don't have to although I should've turned the turbo down just a bit!

Sorry if these questions have been asked recently, I've been trying to keep up with the thread but I might've missed something! Thanks Tekin!