R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2009-2010 TEAM EPIC Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM
2wdrive
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
This is going to sound a little weird but here goes. The "0" mark on the motor is actually retarted timing, the next notch is about as close to true "0" as you can get, and the motors are most effiecient at the setting just between notches 1 and 2. (Thats with no timing advance via the SC). Now what the actual timing advances are, I have no idea, but does it really matter? I mean its obviously advanced and with all these new Speed controls and their ability to add timing, nothing really can be applied twice and be consistant. Every situation seems to need different settings, so now more than ever the clock, your temp guage (motor and battery) and feel of the car is more important.
Sorry it doesn't give you a actual hard number and I know why you would want it for accumulated timing, but I got nothing. Hopefully one of the actual EPIC guys can supply you with those numbers.
With "the next notch would be true zero" you mean the next notch to the plus side i gues? And with notch 1 and 2 you mean all the way to the + sign ?