R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 AM
SlowerOne
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mhavlena
To all:

Just received notification that v.203 is now BANNED from our local track (at least for the oval guys anyway). Rumour has it that officials are looking into banning this S/W version elsewhere as well due to unfair advantage.

We are all putting lots of time and effort to get this S/W version to work properly, it would be a crying shame should it become fully banned across the nation.

Opinions please....
MH
If they ban the speedo, then the development money will go on the motors, and the same thing will happen. If they ban the motors, then the development money will go on the cars. If they ban the cars... you get the picture!! Racers always want to go faster, and manufacturers will find a way to do that - and we will buy it! Why ban something when...

Originally Posted by C5Vette
Tekin has the right plan.....You don't have to worry about buying the ESC of the week. Buy the RS and you can be sure that it will always be competitive.....updatable Firmware....That's the ticket!!
...one manufacturer has given the market what it wants, and is cleaning up?

Originally Posted by MartinBasse
would this be race legal in races that use efra rules?

regards
Yes. EFRA only bans telemetry that is used during the race.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Has anyone found that dragbrake causes much extra heat in the motor when using the RS Pro.
I stopped using it on my old SPX as it seemed to cause lots of problems with motors.

I might try it tomorrow at the track but would like to know if I'm going to be adding more heat if I use it.

Thanks
Skiddins
any braking in a BL creates heat and uses battery capacity. Brake in a BL is created by firing the coils against the magnet. Firing the coils takes battery power, and running against the magnet creates heat. HTH

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Guys, it seems that there are a few boosters for 1s that aren't handling the load with this latest software update. So far nobody that is running a tx pack is having any issues, just the booster guys. So if you're having radio issues, glitches, slow servos or p/t issues swap to a tx pack and see if that fixes your issue.
Agreed! Be careful with boosters that cost less than a Novak! Most boosters on the market are not up to the job of powering the speedo and a digital servo. We have one in the UK that ticks all the boxes, and is totally reliable. See this thread for details (http://www.rcracechat.com/vb/showthr...632#post400632) and this site for a review (http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/). Stick to a receiver pack if in doubt. HTH