R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Fatboy Joe
Tech Master

Default Re: leaking diffs

Originally posted by jscamry
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had experienced the problem with the diffs leaking may it be the front or the rear. Anyinput would be appc.

thanks Jason
Hi, please check the gasket of the diffs, its a black gasket, it might be torn or dirty which leaves room for leaks. If the leak comes from the middle part where both halves meet, then its a gasket or seal problem. There is no way for it to really leak unless gasket is shot.

Btw, for those who are thinking of buying the R40, all I can say is that it is really a good car. Easy to setup and it easily reacts to small set up changes.

I joined a race last sunday and that was my R40's 1st outing on any track coz I just built it the night before. My kit came with Front One ways but the thing was we use rubber tires in our nitro races. Man! I never knew that you can't drive oneways with rubber tires (well that's what they say back here) because of the very aggressive nature the car tends to drive. Anyway, to cut the long story short, I was able to set up my car with ease still with the oneways and managed to bag 3rd with a 3-port HPI 12xs engine, and the rest had 5 port RBs, SIRIOs and NOVAs. I could have won it but my engine stalled which gave the other guys chance to catch up. Just an experience I'd like to share with people who are interested with the R40.

Thanks