R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 PM
jkirkwood
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gubbs3
Its probably a setup issue that has developed from improper tire selection. In 1s mod around here, many of us have moved to lilac/magenta. I have tried pink rears but I find that they are way too sticky to work with the lilac front tires. The problem might be that to compensate for the lack of front grip you have setup the chassis to be very aggressive. When you do this, the rear tires will get overworked and lose grip toward the end of the run.

I would recommend two things:

Run magenta rears to free up the car a little and dial out some front grip to keep it from hooking.

or

Try double pink fronts to cure the push at the start and then also dial out front grip to keep the car from being too twitchy.

For me, I can usually run faster laps with double pink/pink than with lilac/magenta. However, the lilac/magenta is very smooth and easy to drive and, at least for me, very consistent over the full 8 minutes.
I ended up taking out allot of front caster and thickened the fluid on my front kingpins (20k to 30k). Tried magenta fronts with pink and yellow rears. Also tried double pink/pink. I settled on magenta/yellow for 17.5 today but magenta/pink felt really good too. I didn't have any magenta rears to try lilac/magenta.

Thanks for the help.