R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I need faster lap time
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:49 PM
dnebout
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markmo
Alan Burton, What up dude? I am just getting back to racing up here in IL it has been 2 years. I hope to make it down to one of the big races in ATL or Bama.

Ok, I was always fairly fast and could make A-mains at some good regional races down south but never a top 3-4 guy. Here a few things that helped me turn the corner a few years ago and gain a lot of speed and consistantly one of faster guys at the good regional races.

1. Adjust your car to be extremely aggressive with much more rear break, you want your car to really get into corners and be able to slide the rear end if you want. No car is fast pushing its front end around the track I don't care what kind of racing it is.
2. When you practice drive your car like you stole it!! Throw it into the corners, whip the rear end around, practice way out of your comfort zone. You have to push the limits of your skill and the car, the car is capable its wether you can keep up. Pretty soon you will be keeping up and turning much fast laps.
3. Once you get into qualifying or a Main just back off a little, now you will feel like your are cruising, but turning some very fast laps.
this guy also. Practice like you stole the car at your LHS, then calm down during races and you'll feel smootheeeeee!