R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 12:24 PM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a chance to go through the rest of the thread today and I'm wondering, for those of us that have the original RRR WC, what the Evo2 will do for us in terms of the performance on the track.

Hands down, the Evolva shocks are an improvement and that came with the Evo. That's a definite upgrade.

The chassis changes seem to be another improvement - which the skilled owner can do himself with a dremel. But, is it possible to just work on the setup and get the same results? Are the chassis changes just a crutch for someone that isn't quite up to the nuances of setup changes? BTW... Does anyone know if you can just buy a Evo2 chassis and just drop the original parts on it??

We can't just drop on the top deck of course - that requires just too many parts.

Zero offset wheels - Some of us switched over to zero offset years ago.

And the clutch parts and spur gears... hmmm... I think you fall in either one of two situations:

(1) Your lap times are super consistent and you need to shave off a few tenths of a second.

(2) Your lap times are not very consistent so what's a few tenths of a second anyway.

So I'm thinking the original RRR WC (with Evolva shocks and maybe the chassis changes) is still good to go for the average club racer until his lap times are consistent, but that's just my opinion of course. What this also means is that a used original RRR WC is still a good buy for anyone.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

BTW.. I own and two fully track ready original RRR WCs, each with various types of upgrades