R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:31 AM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Copied from Speed Passion Thread...

Hi Just thought I would let you know how helpful I have found this thread, have updated my HW LCD Unit to 1.32 and my 120SD to the 110 software and oh boy it is awesome, there is a defined step in the throttle as it hits max revs and as such it sounds (and goes) like an SPX have it on a largish carpet track (Maritime in Kent) and have set the gearing on Phantom Ion Pro 10.5 at 6.29 FDR down from 5.26 on standard software and this thing keeps spooling up, may have to consider dropping the FDR towards 7.0 as judging by current (outdoor) testing the motor is still accellerating at the braking zone. Thanks HW /KG / SP whoever for the great software.

Basically all I have done is Flash the LCD Programmer with the Speed Passion Ver 1.32 Software, funnily enough, as soon as you do this the start up welcome screen on the programmer then reads Speed Passion V1.02??

Using the 1.32 software has opened up the latest "Stock" profiles which show up there. Having run the car with the NEW 110 Speedpassion Software installed on the Exerun 120A SD, I have now got a car that is able to keep up with the SPX's against whom we run. This is a radical piece of software and introduces a two stage profile which acts very much like an SPX Turbo feature. The Car has mountains of 'Rip' out of corners and just keeps spooling up as you hit full throttle. I have been unable to top the car out yet on a fairly large tarmac area that I use for testing purposes. However it is ONLY advised for motors ABOVE 9.5T ie 10.5, 13.5, 17.5 etc.
Remeber though that you do this at your own risk, to me it was worth the chance of Bricking an ESC to gain the benefits of a hugely more expensive model.

As stated elsewhere upon opening up the software profiles on the PC interface gives us a Hardware model HW427_01, when you look at the Speed Passion website there are info videos on how to set up the programming if you look carefully in the video at the Hardware version of the SP ESC they are working on then you will see HW427_01. Now I am not big on conspiracies but on my friends original SP GT it actually says "Speed Passion by Hobbywing".

It is my understanding that King Gold have exclusive distro rights outside of China but that HW sell under their own name in China, that is why we are able to buy from HK shops with impunity.

My buddy just bought a new Blue Exerun 120 SD for £70 inc shipping to the UK and this mystifies me because an SP GT2 Pro in the UK is close to £180. Call me old fashioned but that £110 is better in my pocket than in a Distributors.

If anybody wants the software I have the required stuff and if you fell like PM'ing me I will post it to some hosting so as to be able to download.

Happy Hobbywinging.