R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sakura Zero - New Touring Car!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:41 PM
cherry2blost
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3 Racing .....

Hi guys, I am the proud owner of a £50 second hand Cyclone S, which when delivered from a lying shite of a seller was a complete DOG.

3 Racing have supplied everything on my car with the exception of the custom made belts, due to a weird 17/40 internal combination on account of me using Yokomo BD4 diffs front and rear. Everything on the car from the shocks to the bearings are all 3 racing, all I use HB for is wishbones.

I am also the proud owner of several Kyosho TF-5's Both Shaft and Belt. the parts on these were farmed out by kyosho to guess who..... 3 Racing. Tamiya have been doing it for years as have most of the Jap manufacturers. This was mainly due to the cheapo energy and labour in China.

However one thing about our trusty Chinese friends is that they learn really quickly, How easy would it be for 3 Racing to just drop every hop up for say a Cyclone into a box and call it a Hurricane, or somesuch? This is the beginning, as we have seen with the F109, of the awakening of an RC industry giant in 3 Racing, and the 'established' manufacturers have only themselves to blame for their greed and avarice, did we, as customers, ever see the benefits of the cheap labour etc, when outsourced to China? No we were still raped well and truly by them, and I for one am over the moon that 3 Racing will release this car as having enjoyed their products over the years I will be first in line to buy one, 3 RACING ANY CHANCE OF A PROTOTYPE OVER HERE IN ENGLAND lol. Honest I come cheap

But in all seriousness lets not bash the car before we have seen it, I quite like the look of the easy release Spur gear holder and that there are only 4 screws to remove the rear diff. The Pink will, I am sure, grow on me but to be honest it isn't too far different to the 3 Racing Cyclone Purple once it's been out in the sun for a while.