R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What are the best engine bearings?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 PM
houston
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
So that's what I thought. The Nova bearings that aren't even ceramic are the best. My old p5 has the older single shield front bearing, I guess I should just send my engine in to you Houston and have you put a double front bearing seal and new rear bearing too. Maybe the double shield in front and a ceramic rear bearing, is that a good idea. My 367 engine had that double front bearing in it and it was fuel proof, fool proof too. I race on an old school style dirt track and it gets pretty dirty, but man I clean my buggy a lot, I'm obsessive compulsive it seems. Heck it saves me money keeping my buggy clean. Do you still have parts for the old p5 Monty?.....
lots and lots and lots of parts , the only real difference between the original release p5 and the newest p5xl is really the head . there are a few differences in the block but not from a performance standpoint. the piston/sleeve design hasn't really changed but there are 5 different versions of the 5 port(+2) . there are very minor crank improvenments that include lightening by reduction in material but really thats about it .

\
just lmk what you need merdith

monty