R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like the rules changes. How often do we get 9+ months to prepare for changes in any r/c class.

I think one thing that is being overlooked is that it is still up to local clubs to ultimately do what is best for local racing. No one said that local clubs couldn't further limit racers using timing advanced speed controls or 21.5 motors to be similar speeds to the 25.5 motor. A lot of clubs already have rules in place that create a level playing field in VTA that aren't in the official USVTA rules. Currently there are tracks that allow silver can motors or stock motors with lipo batteries or speed limits. While these rules aren't USVTA legal it works locally. The one thing the new rules do is help those that travel to other tracks or big events racing official VTA rules.

I personally will be helping those I race with locally to transition to the new rules. Locally we will find ways to help phase in the new rules so that we won't leave anyone behind. This is the part the I've always like most about VTA locally is that the majority are there to help out the other racers.