R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 AM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
My question is to Novak, How do THEY claim that it makes more speed? Also the MAJORITY of us are running Tekins and LRPs and you don't seem to care about us having to buy new escs...

Besides I'm just saying if Novak has a legitimate explanation as to how and why they can claim the Havoc Pro makes more speed than the Havok 2s then it shouldn't be allowed either.
I can tell you want to have an argument since you don't want to buy a novak esc.

I will have to buy a new esc.

At the most, you will have to spend $129, and that includes the brand new motor, which is still less than just a brand new Tekin or LRP esc only.

If this is such a problem for you, is this the right class for you? This is trying to be a different type of class. We are attempting to put a lid on the speeds. In this fashion, you will be asked to use equipment your competitors know are within a certain parameter, i.e. no timing advance possible.

After we asked everyone to turn off the boost in our local series, the cars got closer again, regardless of the esc. The number of fets was not the factor, as we had different companies escs. The timing is the factor.