R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin SCRT10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Krawl
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shark413
Tough question and really subjective. Since they just came out I have only driven my Jammin twice and the Slash PE once, so it is hard to really make a call. Right now for me the Jammin is a better racer, it just handles better, is easier to control, lower CG, etc. But I may be slightly bias because I ran a highly modified brushless Jammin CRT.5 for over a year (it is very similar to the SCTRC10). I did have some breakage on the Jammin SCTRC10 so maintenance may be higher. I really didn't get the Slash dialed until the end of the day and was only able to get one pack's worth of runtime before it got to dark to drive. The Traxxas seems more durable, has better availablity (eventually), and I am sure will have a ton of after market parts. Both are great trucks, with their Pros and Cons.
Which part have breakage? Dang, I still stuck between these three, I don't wanna make wrong choice since I need to pay $450 for Jammin & OFNA or $600 for the Slash (shipping cost +tax etc). I mainly going to use one of these truck for racing. What bothering me is these SCT from Jammin and OFNA seems and sounds not really tough as their 1/8 buggies or truggies. My past Jammin' X1CRT PRO is really strong like a tank. No breakage except on engine till I sold it.