R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Case For Spec ESC Profiles
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 AM
blis
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Please beat me... I hate losing!

Originally Posted by tc3team
in the brushed motor days it was all about springs,brushes and picking a good motor in the first place, then gearing it right.

Now, it is about having the latest software for esc's that use it, as well as using the right amount of boost and gearing.

I club race at a small track that is still competitive if you throw in a 27t motor, as they allow 13.5 or 27t.

The faster guys will always be faster because they have the skill to a) set the car/esc up and gear it right and b) have the skill to wheel the car consistantly. And probably throw multiple sets of tyres at the car....

Technology will always improve, as it does in most other competitive hobbies.

If you want equal racing, race in a spec class. We're racing toy cars for bowling trophies....

Maybe it's just me, but the older I get, the less worried I get about rules.

If my car is legal for racing, thats good enough for me. I'll let the guys with lots of $ beat me by tenths of a second a lap if that's what makes them feel happy.

Small fry against the big dogs, look at F1, enough said!
Id race with you.. seems you have your head screwed on properly. And you're welcome to whoop us on track as long as you let me have a peek at your setup and give me a chance to learn something that I might not yet know. Nothing better than a "Good race buddy" on the stand at the finish line, regardless of where you are placed.

Live by a philosophy that we all hate LOSING, yet shouldn't mind being BEATEN. LOSERS will blame their deficiencies on other peoples assets, the BEATEN accept room for improvement, identify where and how, once ego is put aside, there's sure to be something to learn!