R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Unregulated LiPo
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:46 PM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cobra zz
Any suggestion on charger brand and model ?
There are a couple that i normally suggest to nitro guys:

1) Hyperion EOS 0606i AC/DC easy to use, does every chemistry battery and doesn't require an additional power supply, well constructed etc etc etc . You can charge your starter box and everything else with this charger. I own and use the 606's big brother the duo 3.

2) Turnigy Accucell-6 really really cheap, you need an external power supply and you get what you pay for BUT it's cheap!! There are a couple guys at the track that run these things, and they seem to like them. They feel a little light and flimsy but for 40$ you really can't beat them with a stick. Power supply for this charger. You can charge your starter box and everything else with this charger too.

3) Hyperion Duo III if you've got a decent sized budget and you want the best, this is it. It remembers everything, can charge 2 batteries at once, makes coffee and if you push it's buttons just right there is a happy ending . Power supply for this charger.

There are a bunch of other chargers on the market but to keep things simple these are what i'd suggest. I've used all three, and own and use the Duo 3 for my electric and nitro racing.

Be careful with the Duratrax Onyx line, they can only do 3s lipo so you won't be able to charge your starter boxes.