R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - In a need for a charger for my JR XS3 radio
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
JBURCH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by helgso
I have the JR XS3 radio. The radio supports a rechargeable battery pack. That particular battery pack is a Ni-Cd battery with 8 cells and is 700 mAh (JRPB958). I have searched all over the internet to find a JR wall charger for this battery but I can't find one that supports 220 volt input (Europe).

But, I found this charger: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Universal-Ni-C...item563304c456

In the description for this charger it says that it has reverse-polarity, right? I think the JR XS3 has reverse polarity aswell. However, in the XS3's manual it clearly states:

"Located on the left-hand side of the transmitter is the charging jack that accepts only JR wall chargers. Please do not attempt to use any other brand of wall charger, as it may be reverse polarity and can cause damage to your system. Only use the JR wall charger when the XS3 is equipped with Ni-Cd batteries (JRPB958, available separately)."

What should I do? Go with the ebay charger?
Looks like to me you answered your own question with the quote from JR, can you order the charge from Horizon Hobby?