R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 10:02 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Or even the 25.5 with a 2s pending how the testing goes, could create a 21.5 Pro VTA and a 25.5 Pro Stock VTA. I"m not trying to stir a bunch of shit here I'm simply saying the VTA formula seems to be working for the majority of us. Why throw a wrench in it?
I can see your point and VTA as it is right now still has a lot of appeal as a class. I would dare say that it remains one of the most fun classes to run. However there are two things that concern the guys who have been around it for a few years.
1. The increased speeds that were brought on by allowing the 21.5 lipo powerplant were unexpected and not comparable to the original 4 cell 27t setups that they were intended to be equal to. That problem has been amplified by the release of what we now call juiced ESC's.

2. The slower speeds were a feature that set VTA further apart from regular Touring and with it being faster, it now is more similar to TC and RCGT. Part of its uniqueness is lost, even if it remains a killer class as it stands.

I can see why you would feel like VTA is running fine and should not be tweaked, but many of us remember what was lost and would like to recapture it. But like you I too would like to not be an excrement disturber.