R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - !!!! "NITRO RCGT ONLY" !!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

First I would like to say nice thread and very excited to see an RCGT Nitro class brewing. RCGT class is supposed to be scale realism right? Bodies are supposed to be realistic right? So should the tyres. You want to discourage newbies and have this class fail instantly.. limit it to foams. When the newb sees the chunks missing from his tyre and has to spend $12 each time.. he will ebay that car the next day.

I live in California and run my car at Crystal Park Raceway. I picked up a few pairs of Ipanema 26mm tyres in 40 and 45 shore just for kicks.. and let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised.. in fact they're hands down the best tyres I've ever owned.

I read a few comments earlier that rubber tyres can not handle the power of full blown race .12! I run a NR Plus 12 5SCT and these tyres hold up incredibly well. Personally I REFUSE to run foams every again.

Sam / Kamikaze: You have a great shop and certainly know your stuff. Technology changes all the time, I don't know how they did it, but these tyres don't balloon like rubber of the old days. Give them an honest shot.. you have nothing to loose. I'd much rather buy them from you then from some bloke in the midwest whom I'll never meet.