R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Flashback: What was your first stock motor that was Roar 91 legal?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
bshack
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Not positive, but I'm guessing it was no label handouts from one of the Columbus Ohio races. Either the ’91 Roar Truck Nats or one of the Winter Champs races. Or maybe a Bud’s Racing Products, had a bunch of them since he was the local hero, and sponsored a lot of the local series and trophy races, including the truck nats.

Still have a bunch of them, including lots of other brands, both Epic and Yokomo based if I remember correctly. Probably have 40 or 50 of them with various labels up to about ’95. Never payed much attention to the brands since I rebuilt them all immediately anyway, just cared about which base since they needed different gearing.

Boy do I like brushless, no more new motor for each car every big race or every couple weeks.
I remember those days.. NORCAR handout Race Prep stock motors, CORCAR Lightspeed stock motors (blue labels then pink labels), Revtech stock motors, Wimpy stock motors........Ahhh those were the days. RIP tweak bars!