R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
gacjr0
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Headshot
I
What about allowing 17.5 with a 1c lipo as well as 21.5 with a 2c lipo and controllong the MAHs of the batteries? My reasoning is this....I tighten up my vintage-style wheels and tires, throw a 1c batt in my 17.5 car, pin down my 68 Camaro body and race VTA. Now I unpin the Camaro, change my wheel/tire combos, pull the 1c, slide in the freshly charged 2c, pin down my Porsche body, and race the RCGT race. Same car, same motor, 2 wheel/tire set ups, 2 batts, 2 bodies, 2 classes.

Am I way off base here?
That's is almost exactly my plan for my car, except with 4 cell nimh/17.5 and jump to 2 cell lipo/17.5 for stock sedan style racing.

I've done it with 4 cell/27t VTA and switched to 2 cell lipo/27t for our local "mod" class with sedan rubber and HPI NSX body, it worked great. The 4 cell and 2 cell were within 10 grams so rebalancing was not an issue.

Time to do the switching was the hardest part.

Thankfully we have an awesome club (Capital Dirt Burners, Boise, Id) that just set up the heats so that racers would not be back to back. We have slash racers and onroad racers that race multiple classes with the same vehicle. That way marshalling and pit time were accommodated.